Build new solutions with the Send Anywhere API
Our Send Anywhere team is thrilled to announce the first Hackathon with the recently optimized API of our software. We take great pride in providing an unlimited file sharing service but we do not want to stop here. We wish to go a step further by letting skilled developers to give birth to innovative solutions with the core competencies of our service.
Hosting the Hackathon will give us an opportunity to see a fresh outlook of what could possibly done on Send Anywhere. Just to mention a few, we are trying to find new solutions how our API could be used in widely used messenging apps, media players, media editor softwares and etc. Send Anywhere sticks out among its competitors due to the following reasons:
-It is compatible in multiple platforms
-There is no limit in file size of file type
-The digital contents transferred through Send Anywhere are secured because the 6-digit key disppears once its downloaded from the receiving device or the 10 minute limit passes.
-No sign-up or log-in is required
We take a lot of pride on the service we provide and thus we believe that with Send Anywhere's API even more creative and innovative solutions can come to light.
Make sure to tell you friends about the Hackathon and follow us @Send_Anywhere to stay up to date for some new features in the coming weeks.
The challenge is open to:
- Teams of eligible individuals
- Teams of eligible individuals entering on behalf of organizations Submitters who are employed by Send Anywhere or ChallengePost are not eligible
Create an app that uses Send Anywhere’s API or update an existing app with the Send Anywhere API (added after the start of the submission period).
Submission Requirements for Challenge (to be flushed out in rules) – Apps must:
- Must run on one of the following platforms: a native smartphone or tablet app (iOS, Android, Windows, web app (mobile or desktop), a desktop app (Windows PC, Mac Desktop), software running on other hardware (including, but not exclusive to, custom hardware which includes a software component (wearable technology, open source,hardware, etc.)
- Be a new application, or, if an existing application, must have integrated Send Anywhere API after the start of the submission period.
- Function as depicted in the submitted video and text description.
- Be in English
- Be substantially different from any other app submitted by the same submitter/team/organization
- Be the original work of the submitter, be solely owned by the submitter, and not violate the IP rights of any other person or entity
- Be provided at no charge for the testing and judging periods
- Submitters must include the Email account connected to Send Anywhere's Developer account, AND the API Key for Send Anywhere Developer account on their submission form.
Note: Your iOS app does not need to be in the App Store. To enter an app that isn't in the App Store, use iTunes Connect to invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a beta tester, which will allow our judges to test your app on iPhones and iPads.
How to enter
CEO / Estmob
Managing Partner / Rakuten Ventures
Effective use of the Send Anywhere API
Does the application take advantage of most of the endpoints that the Send Anywhere API has to offer?
Utility & Impact
Is the application compelling and/or indispensable? How much impact will it create?
Is the application unique and/or innovative? Is it appealing to unexpected audiences?
Is the application polished, visually appealing, and easy to use?